This form does not yet contain any fields.
    Admin Login

    Discuss Bullying with others. Start a Discussion. > From a very concerned parent

    Please help this parent and her daughter with your comments?


    From: ***
    Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:51 AM
    Subject: Very concerned parent

    Hi I have a problem with the school my daughter is attending and the way
    they are addressing the situation there. My daughter is a sophomore at the
    Miles ISD, she has came out n said she is interested in girls. Well there is
    another girl attending the same school and she is dating my daughter . The
    problem is the girls mother and brother(who is attending the same school)
    does not accept the sexuality of her daughter. We have had encounters with
    the mother and the brother at my home and at school as well. Bad thing is my
    daughter is blamed and is made to adjust her ways of being at school because
    the brother has an anger problem that is hard to control. There has been
    incidents reported to the sheriffs office,principal,teachers and
    superintendent also and as always my daughter is the one asked to change her
    seating arrangement or what bathroom to go to just to please the brothers
    likings... There is a lot more to this and I need help ! I'm afraid that
    because of everything that they put my daughter through ,she might end up
    being another case that could've been prevented . The reason I see the
    school does more for the girls family requests and not the safety of my
    daughter is because they're well known athletes !! Please I'm begging for
    someone to listen or help against this principal and school district! Thank
    u !
    Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

    Hi, I am sorry to hear of your daughter's problems. This surely is unjust

    Please know this is no kind of professional advise, just coming from one
    mother to another... All I can do is provide outlets of formal complaints
    to correct the behavior of the school administrators in future cases and
    make suggestions as to what I would to for my child.

    Firstly, I would remove my child from the situation. Especially if you are
    afraid for her emotional well being.

    Secondly, your daughter's CIVIL RIGHTS are being violated. This is a
    federal offense. She is being discriminated against on the basis of sex.
    These are very serious violations, I (and many other parents) have had
    success filing complaints with the Office of Civil Rights (US Department of
    Education) and with the Texas Office of Civil Rights. These complaints
    require little effort on your part and will ultimately result in federal
    and/or state investigation of your daughter's school.
    Before filing complaints, it is highly recommended that you exhaust all
    lower efforts for resolution-- meaning filing a formal complaint with the
    school district and following all procedures set forth by the school
    district. (this is sometimes the more difficult part).

    US Dept of Civil Rights (website where one can file a complaint):

    Texas Office of Civil Rights (website where one can file a complaint):

    Miles ISD Superintendent (whom you should contact to launch a formal
    complaint): Superintendent - Robert Gibson email:

    *** When filing formal complaints (even at the level of the school district)
    it is essential to be as thorough and detail oriented as possible... leave
    no circumstance unstated!

    *** Also, please know when you decide to proceed with this- you are
    initializing precedence for future children who may experience what your
    daughter is going through... I cannot express enough how important your
    decision may be for both your daughter and other kiddos.

    Please let me know if this helps?

    In love,

    Christine Jackson
    8 minutes ago · Report

    October 22, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterYesenia

    The above is excellent advice, and as a mother who has in fact faced the worst - my son was a victim of a peer abuse driven bullycide - I would also contact Equality Texas and the ACLU in Texas - both will help you maneuver through this.


    October 22, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterLisa Ford Berry